Update – Sunday, March 22, 2020
Last week, the City of Berkeley announced a city-wide shelter-in-place order that is currently effective through April 7, 2020 but may be extended. In addition, California announced a similar state-wide order that is currently effective until further notice.
Funky Door will remain closed until these orders are lifted and it is safe to reopen.
All membership and payment plan charges will be suspended during the closure. When we reopen, we will adjust all packages and memberships for time missed and reschedule payments. See our original announcement below for details.
Please, everyone, use all your courage and wisdom to be at your very best during this period. We miss you all and we look forward to welcoming everyone back when it is safe to do so!
Announcement – Saturday, March 14, 2020
Dear Funky Door Community,
After deep reflection, we have decided to close Funky Door Yoga for 2 weeks starting Monday, March 16. The health and safety of our community is our most important responsibility and we feel that we can no longer assure that adequately in the current environment.
We know how important your regular practice is to many of you and many of you have urged us not to close. We have struggled with this decision daily. There are arguments to be made on both sides. But at this time, there seems to be more that we don’t know about the coronavirus than we do, and we feel that, given the gravity of the consequences, we must err on the side of caution. “Social distancing” is apparently the most effective thing we can do collectively to slow the spread of the virus, so we must do our part.
Here are the details of the closure:
- Funky Door will be closed from Monday, March 16 through Sunday, March 29. We will reopen on Monday, March 30 starting with the 6:00 AM class. We will be on our regular schedule through Sunday, March 15.
- If you have an automatic monthly membership, no charges will be made to your account until we reopen. When we reopen, charges will resume, prorated for the amount of time that we were closed.
- If you have a yearly membership, your membership will be extended by the amount of time that we are closed.
- If you have an Intro package, we will resume the remainder of your month when we reopen.
- If you have purchased a package on a payment plan and still have outstanding payments to be made, no charges will be made until we reopen. We will reschedule these payments when we reopen.
- All other class packages will remain unaffected with no expiration date.
Add or Update Your Email Address
We will be updating you with any new information by email and via our website. If you have not been receiving our emails, it is because we don’t have your current email address in our database. If you would like to add or correct your email address to our email list, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and email address.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com